From garage, to bookstore, to empty shell: the history of 559 Tyler Street

One of the things that made the last Old Capitol Books store location such a special place to be in was the building itself, with its high ceilings and beautiful wooden beams. The building was originally commissioned by Arthur C. Metz (b. 1879), a local real estate investor and Vice President of the Gross CanningContinue reading “From garage, to bookstore, to empty shell: the history of 559 Tyler Street”

Advertisement