We would LOVE to host your event! Old Capitol Books supplies a free venue to support local authors, illustrators, and publishers.
Get in touch to discuss what we can do as your local, independent bookstore to get you started!
What we offer
We have a lovely bookstore with a few great spaces to host your book signing or other literary event.
We have a table and seating area with up to 12 chairs (with an additional 10 stools), which makes for a great intimate space for your event.
We also have a cool little back alley which is great for poetry readings and live music!
What we provide:
- A nice, free, and well-lit space for your event
- Processing of all sales
- Free advertisement on our website, our social media, and our newsletter
- We send a press release to all local print publications (Monterey County Weekly, Monterey Herald, etc.)
Things to consider
- We provide our venue for no charge during store opening hours. If you’d like to have your event after hours, there will be a charge to cover staff.
- Any sales as a result of your book signing must go through the bookstore, which will take 40% of sales.
- Old Capitol Books DOES NOT purchase copies of your book in advance of the event. Authors are responsible for bringing copies of their book on the day of the book signing.
- Old Capitol Books DOES NOT purchase advertisements in local newspapers and magazines. Any desired publicity beyond our own social media must be arranged by the author or her publisher.