Location & Hours
559 Tyler Street, Monterey
Open Daily 10am-6pm
Tuesdays - Market Day - 10am-7pm
- SURVEY – do you think that Monterey needs a book store that sells new books? Please share your thoughts on this matter with us here at Old Capitol Books. We would appreciate your candid response. Please call us at 831-333-0381.
- The Best of Monterey County 2014 – Vote for us!
- Book Signing: Daniel Coshnear with Occupy & Other Love Stories
- January 11 Book Signing with Frank Smart – Assignment in Samarra
- Sounds of Safety by Bob Feller
- sfgate.com/travel/article… The San... fb.me/1mrvfAvTr 17 hours ago
- The next Thinking Critically about Society seminar series has been published. Session 1: What is Anarchism?... fb.me/29KKJCpSO 6 days ago
- “What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a... fb.me/6sEKYNTue 1 week ago
- Occupy & Other Love Stories Come meet author Daniel Coshnear today at Old Capitol Books! fb.me/2hEIjX0uN 2 weeks ago
- oldcapitolbooks.com/2014/02/06/649/ We at Old Capitol Books are curious: Do you think that the city of... fb.me/ZRByBFvr 3 weeks ago
It’s that time again! Time for Monterey County residents to vote in the Best of Monterey County Awards. And we think you should vote for us. Obviously. Click here to cast your ballot.
On February 22nd, 2014 2-4pm come join Daniel Costnear as he talks about his new book Occupy & Other Love Stories (Kelly’s Cove Press). Continue reading
January 11. Noon to 2PM. Frank Smart will be at Old Capitol Books to sign his new book about Iraq…undaunted courage and Pax Americana swagger. Continue reading
SATURDAY JANUARY 11. 2:30PM TO 4:30PM. A BOOK SIGNING AT OLD CAPITOL BOOKS. Celebrate Rob Feller’s new book: Sounds of Safety, book # 4 in a series. In his book, Sounds of Safety, Robert writes about Life and Love with inspirational and uplifting stories and poems. Overcoming a brain tumor and gastric bypass surgery, he is happier now than ever before! Born and raised in Southern California, Robert Feller discovered he loved writing and languages. He got his B.A. in English; Humanities: German and his MA in Counseling and Spanish, before becoming a school counselor on the Monterey Peninsula.
Due to an excess of supply of books (and the subsequent lack of space), Old Capitol Books will only be purchasing the following book genres: local history, classic literature, military history, modern art, some young adult literature, sci-fi, and the esoteric in most genres. We offer cash and will continue to accept these books for trade-in/store credit. Feel free to contact us for more information.